For Your Information
MLM for Writers: The Best Authors Lounge – By Victoria Strauss – Writer Beware – http://goo.gl/RF5yQ
When do you need an editor? – By Alan Rinzler – The Book Deal – http://goo.gl/eAydY
Can Search Engine Optimization Help You Sell More Books? – By Joanna Penn – The Creative Pen – http://goo.gl/70zhy
Pre digital – By Seth Godin – http://goo.gl/ApbxN
When No One Knows Where You Are. Or Needs To. – By Greg McFarlane – Problogger – http://goo.gl/eUA1K
How Freelance Writers Can Get More Credit for Their Work – By Carol Tice – http://goo.gl/ZjSO6
The Dangers of Outsourcing Your Freelance Work – By Mitch O’Conner – Fuel Your Writing – http://goo.gl/YtdO1
Quote(s) of the Day
“What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure.” – Samuel Johnson
“For writers, the road to ignorance is paved with good editors.” – George Bernard Shaw
G.S. Sharat Chandra Prize for Short Fiction and Poetry – Deadline Jan 15, 2011 – http://goo.gl/Kil8i
For Your Information
1. Six Ways to Master Entrepreneurial Uncertainty – By Johnny B. Truant – copyblogger – http://goo.gl/Rx2vU – Very inspirational blog!
2. Six Creepiest Buildings for a Frightful Halloween – By Tafline Laylin – inhabitat – http://goo.gl/WkRV2 – I like the GEOtube!
3. Become the Hero of Your Writing Life – By Katie Tallo – write to done – http://goo.gl/g3lAO
4. Willpower Review – By Trent – the simple dollar – http://goo.gl/qqtTh
5. Top 8 Tactics to Power Your Online Book Launch – By Joel Friedlander – The Book Designer – http://goo.gl/RwJJb
6. Form and function – By Seth Godin – http://goo.gl/q4gA8
7. Beautiful & Philosophical Photo Manipulations – By Sarolta Ban – Ejunkie.info – http://goo.gl/mVtMx – Interesting photos!
8. How to write fiction: MJ Hyland on revising and rewriting – By MJ Hyland – the guardian – http://goo.gl/e2Azk
9. Why Writers Write: Rubin Develops ‘Swamplandia!” for HBO – By Ray Gustini – Atlantic Wire – http://goo.gl/a1epA
10. Plot Points from a Pantster – The Writers Alley – http://goo.gl/RFI0z
11. Stupid and Lazy – By Seth Godin – http://goo.gl/6ykco
12. Want to Make Money Writing? Build Relationships with Editors – By Laurie Pawlik-Kienlen – http://goo.gl/1L5SM
13. Why Researching Articles to Death Is A Waste of Time – By Sean DSouza – write to done – http://goo.gl/Hha2u
14. Transportation Designers Uninvent the Wheel – by Timon Singh – http://goo.gl/oxXbx – Not far off from Star Wars’s land speeders.
15. Fox Targets Diversity in New Writers Program – By Hollywood Reporter – http://goo.gl/rudqz
Quotes of the Day
“Everybody walks past a thousand story ideas every day. The good writers are the ones who see five or six of them. Most people don’t see any.” – Orson Scott Card
“If you have other things in your life — family, friends, good productive day work — these can interact with your writing and the sum will be all the richer.” – David Brin
New Book Release
“Legend Unborn” – The Key of Souls – Book 1 – By David G. Welsh – Beautiful cover art!
1. Self-Editing Checklist: Setting and Description – By Writers Alley – http://goo.gl/nHwz8
2. Top 5 Thing to Avoid Telling Editors and Agents at Conferences – By Writers Alley – http://goo.gl/cf9aP
3. Publish America and CBA: Rowling Redux – By Writer Beware – http://goo.gl/Np3ms
4. A Comprehensive Guide to the Envelope System – By Matt Bell – http://goo.gl/oWTUU
5. Reader Mailbag: Sick Child – By Trent – the Simple Dollar – http://goo.gl/0r6QM
6. These 3 Typography Websites Will Change How You Look at Type – By Joel Friedlander – http://goo.gl/tQU5v
7. Keep the Climax in Mind – by Plot Whisperer – http://goo.gl/7QxOm
8. Is Social Media Like a Party? – By Nathan Bransford – http://goo.gl/YeXXV – Love his pictures!
9. Product Of The Week: Green Lantern, World’s First Design Lamp Made From Liquid Wood – By E-Junkie.info – http://goo.gl/sbv42 – Beautiful lanterns!
10. Daily Writing Tips – By Mark Nichol – Marshal vs. Martial – http://goo.gl/NmSw4
Quote of the Day
“An essential element for good writing is a good ear: One must listen to the sound of one’s own prose.” – Barbara Tuchman
Poetry Writing Contest – Gerald Cable Book Award – Silverfish Review Press – Deadline Oct 15, 2011 – http://goo.gl/Ifgya
Full-Time Income in Part-Time Hours By Freelance food and wine writer, Gretchen Roberts – shares strategies for maximizing your income on less than 40 hours per week.