1. The Nitty-Gritty About Reduplication – By Mark Nichol – Daily Writing Tips – http://goo.gl/2EvVb
2. Bad Publishing Contract Clauses – Part 1 – By Writer Beware – http://goo.gl/BtP4y
3. The forever recession (and the coming revolution) – By Seth Godin – http://goo.gl/wftvT
4. How to Find Your Writing Voice – By Heater Home – Procrastinating Writers – http://goo.gl/8O8xU
5. Universal Story and the Mythic Journey – By Plot Whisperer – http://goo.gl/ZFmz5
6. Survey: Have You Ever Read a Self-Published Book? – By Nathan Bransford – http://goo.gl/EOqt5 – As usual, another beautiful and inspirational painting!
7. EazyWallz – Amazing Personalized Wallpaper Murals for Boring Walls – By E-Junkie.info – http://goo.gl/H1fIj
8. Vote for Your Favorite House 2011 Solar Decathlon – By Bridgette Meinhold – inhabitat – http://goo.gl/pLL4K
9. China Set to Launch Its Own Space Station; Mission: Unknown By David Axe – Wired – http://goo.gl/26KGk
10. How to Get Rid of a Skunk Without Losing Your Dignity – By Ashley Watson – Wise Bread – http://goo.gl/KrPJZ
How many good habits do you practice when writing? Read about “Health and Writing” at http://alandracl.com/blog/2011/09/30/health-and-writing/
Quote of the Day
“My task…is, by the power of the written word to make you hear, to make you feel – it is, before all, to make you see. That – and no more – and it is everything.” – Joseph Conrad
Mercury Rises by Author Robert Kroese
The Waiting Game – By Trent – the simple dollar – http://goo.gl/yTgUS – He is so…..right about .
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and Using Contradictions to Develop Character – By Nathan Bransford – http://goo.gl/JMKoq
Twitter, Travel, and the Power of the Engaged Employee – By Rob Markey – Harvard Business Review – http://goo.gl/mqpBc
The Freelance Writer’s Interview Checklist – By Susan Johnston – The Urban Muse – http://goo.gl/1PlSN
Trouble at Aspen Mountain Press – By Victoria Strauss – Writer Beware – http://goo.gl/CCGg8
Sweet and Salty Snacks You Can Make at Home – By Mikey Rox – WiseBread – http://goo.gl/0gcQe – Sound like delicious snacks!
The Parable of the Little Book of Stories – By Joel Frielander – The Book Designer – http://goo.gl/fxB1N
A B C D . . . Of Inspiration. Very Simple & Very Effective! – By E-Junkie.Info – http://goo.gl/cFRjD
Bad vs. Badly – By Mark Nichol – Daily Writing Tips – http://goo.gl/lgjfA
How to Master the One Trait That Makes You Unstoppable – By Sonia Simone – Copyblogger – http://goo.gl/mtPlH
Quote of the Day
“The greatest rules of dramatic writing are conflict, conflict, conflict.” – James Frey
Writing Contest: Sharp Writ Book Awards – By Smart Book Lovers – Deadline Oct. 15, 2011 – http://www.book-awards.org
1. 31 Frugal Ways to Celebrate Fall By Camilla Cheung – Wise Bread – http://goo.gl/ZTHFN – Simple and relaxing ideas – nice!
2. Dueling Russia: Myth, Veracity, and Literature – By Nick Morgan – http://goo.gl/hm86I
3. Maybe he means it – By Seth Godin – http://goo.gl/c6XiD -I wholeheartedly agree!
4. Plot Help for Weary Writers – By Plot Whisperer – http://goo.gl/aEGz8
5. Improve Your Emails: Why It’s Worth It – By Grace Myers – Fuel Your Writing – http://goo.gl/yiuSm
6. Keep the Fire Alive: Three Remarkable Comeback Stories – By Marelisa – Abundance Blog – http://goo.gl/Jq6yh – My admiration to these protagonists!
7. Sting Tells How He Writes Song Lyrics – By Elizabeth Day – The Guardian/The Observer – http://goo.gl/jlGnT
8. The Art of Irresistible Copywriting – By Robert Bruce – copyblogger – http://goo.gl/kncY2 – Love the ‘every sentence’ rule!
9. What is a writer’s MVP? – By Joel Frielander – http://goo.gl/fVyJ6 – Like the idea of thinking small, makes sense!
Zooglers – Google Employees in Zurich Have the World’s Coolest Re-Purposed Office – By Tafline Laylin – inhabitat – http://goo.gl/HXoE9 – What an awesome working atmosphere!
Quote of the Day
“If you have other things in your life — family, friends, good productive day work — these can interact with your writing and the sum will be all the richer.” – David Brin
Poem Writing Contest – Patricia Bibby Award – Tebot Bach – Deadline: Oct. 31, 2011- http://goo.gl/SO3AE
Fantasy – Cast In Ruin (Chronicles of Elantra Book 7) – By Author Michelle Sagara
1. Gorgeous South African Home Sits Amid the Treetops – By Lori Zimmer – http://goo.gl/aKn1U – Beautiful home!
2. 100% Design’s Best Green Exhibits at the London Design Festival – By Helen Morgan – http://goo.gl/neKq9 – Awesome designs! Love the rhino chair.
3. Keira Knightly Eyed for a Twist on Romeo and Juliet – By Claude Brodesser-Akner – http://goo.gl/53YkB – That is certainly every author’s dream. Wow! Hats off to Rebecca Serie.
4. Looking for new ideas? It’s time to moodle. By Christopher Foster – The Happy Seeker – http://goo.gl/r7sFZ
5. Editing clips: abbreviations, acronyms or words – which is correct? By Di Mace – Word Swords – http://goo.gl/K8Q07
6. Why Accountability Partners Work By Kristine Meldrum Denhom – The Urban Muse – http://goo.gl/QsFqf – Loved this idea! Motivators are always good.
Quote of the Day
“Either a writer doesn’t want to talk about his work, or he talks about it more than you want.” – Anatole Broyard
AICW (Association of Italian Canadian Writers) Contests – Any cultural affiliation – Deadline Oct. 31, 2011
Author, Thea Atckinson goes her own route to find success with her book, ” The Secret Language of Crows”.
Read her article in The Chronicle Herald By Jodi Delong http://thechronicleherald.ca/Books/1265050.html