For Your Information
Faced with Distraction, We Need Willpower – By John Coleman – Harvard Business Review – http://goo.gl/t9E4e
Harry Potter author writing new adult novel – By Christine Kearney – Times Colonist – http://goo.gl/ZgIPZ
Entertainment Report Claims Artists Making More than Ever – By Jon Martindale – ITProPortal – http://goo.gl/mn9ZZ
How to Sell a Novel in Just 25 Years! – By Holly Robinson – Huffington Post – http://goo.gl/upZc5
So how much is a fair price to pay for an e-book? – By Charles Cooper – CNET News – http://goo.gl/tyhEG
WestBow Press Announces Second Annual “Women of Faith” Writing Contest Finalists – By Digital Journal – http://goo.gl/ukqCI
Justin Bieber to publish second book – By Times Live – http://goo.gl/XAKDd
South Fla. Author of New Espionage Thriller Novel Offers $10,000 Scholarship – By Horizon Publishing – Bradenton.com – http://goo.gl/ZfPGr
Quote(s) of the Day
“Books aren’t written, they’re rewritten. It is one of the hardest things to accept, especially after the seventh rewrite hasn’t quite done it.” – Michael Crichton
“Your first draft, you write with your heart and soul; your succeeding drafts, you edit with your mind.” – ACL
Tom Howard/John H. Reid Short Story Contest – Any type of original short story, essay or other prose is eligible – Deadline Mar 31, 2012 – http://goo.gl/6S5Mj
The Man Who Made Publishing a High-Wire Act – By Charles McGrath – The New York Times – http://goo.gl/tY531
For Your Information
1. Six Ways to Master Entrepreneurial Uncertainty – By Johnny B. Truant – copyblogger – http://goo.gl/Rx2vU – Very inspirational blog!
2. Six Creepiest Buildings for a Frightful Halloween – By Tafline Laylin – inhabitat – http://goo.gl/WkRV2 – I like the GEOtube!
3. Become the Hero of Your Writing Life – By Katie Tallo – write to done – http://goo.gl/g3lAO
4. Willpower Review – By Trent – the simple dollar – http://goo.gl/qqtTh
5. Top 8 Tactics to Power Your Online Book Launch – By Joel Friedlander – The Book Designer – http://goo.gl/RwJJb
6. Form and function – By Seth Godin – http://goo.gl/q4gA8
7. Beautiful & Philosophical Photo Manipulations – By Sarolta Ban – Ejunkie.info – http://goo.gl/mVtMx – Interesting photos!
8. How to write fiction: MJ Hyland on revising and rewriting – By MJ Hyland – the guardian – http://goo.gl/e2Azk
9. Why Writers Write: Rubin Develops ‘Swamplandia!” for HBO – By Ray Gustini – Atlantic Wire – http://goo.gl/a1epA
10. Plot Points from a Pantster – The Writers Alley – http://goo.gl/RFI0z
11. Stupid and Lazy – By Seth Godin – http://goo.gl/6ykco
12. Want to Make Money Writing? Build Relationships with Editors – By Laurie Pawlik-Kienlen – http://goo.gl/1L5SM
13. Why Researching Articles to Death Is A Waste of Time – By Sean DSouza – write to done – http://goo.gl/Hha2u
14. Transportation Designers Uninvent the Wheel – by Timon Singh – http://goo.gl/oxXbx – Not far off from Star Wars’s land speeders.
15. Fox Targets Diversity in New Writers Program – By Hollywood Reporter – http://goo.gl/rudqz
Quotes of the Day
“Everybody walks past a thousand story ideas every day. The good writers are the ones who see five or six of them. Most people don’t see any.” – Orson Scott Card
“If you have other things in your life — family, friends, good productive day work — these can interact with your writing and the sum will be all the richer.” – David Brin
New Book Release
“Legend Unborn” – The Key of Souls – Book 1 – By David G. Welsh – Beautiful cover art!